Paediatric First Aid Training for Schools (PFA) – Course Dates
If you are looking for a baby First Aid course then the Paediatric First Aid course covers an extensive range of scenarios specific to children. We have a range of First Aid training sessions for babies and children across Kent, Sussex, Essex, London and Surrey.
Our baby First Aid courses meet the necessary Ofstead requirements and is ideal for those working with under 5´s.
Need in house training? Then contact us to arrange a tailor made training session for your company
If you need to find other Paediatric First Aid training courses, see our Course Schedule page for more dates and locations. You can also find which courses are running in your area with our training locations finder.
Please note – Course prices are before VAT. VAT will be added to the price of the course.
Train at one of
Train at your venue
Paediatric First Aid for Schools
For students to fulfil the role of an Paediatric Emergency First Aider as required by the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
This covers the units required by the Statutory Early Years framework (Ofsted) for paediatric first aid and covers the requirements for HSE Approved emergency first aid at work.
The student should be able to Look after the first aid arrangements within the workplace/area, activate the Emergency Services and administer basic Emergency First Aid. The course will cover common childhood illness and accidents.
COURSE CONTACT TIME This course has a minimum of 12 hours guided teaching time. This time does not include breaks. If the full course contact time is not completed we may not be able to issue the Certificate.
Baby First Aid Course Syllabus
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross infection
- the need for recording incidents and actions
- use of available equipment
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock, including anaphylaxis
- administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, joints and soft tissue
- administer first aid to a casualty suffering from extremes of heat
- administer first aid to a casualty with conditions affecting eyes, ears and nose
- provide appropriate first aid for head and spinal injuries
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, burns and scalds, small splinters, bites and stings)
- administer emergency first aid to a casualty with a sudden illness or medical condition : sickle cell, diabetic emergencies, asthma, allergic reactions, meningitis, febrile convulsions, poison
- safe use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
At Medi Aid you can train at our place or at yours. Train with us at one of our scheduled training event days or simply contact us about training at your address. We can accommodate both small and large groups
Accredited & Compliant
Medi Aid is compliant with the First Aid Industry Body, as well as the Health & Safety executive (HSE) and the Federation of First Aid Training organisations (FOFATO)
28+ years experience
Medi Aid has been teaching first aid throughout the South East of England for over 25 years. You can be confident our expert trainers will guide you every step of the way