Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) – Training dates
Need in house training? Then contact us to arrange a tailor made training session for your company
To see our full list of courses, visit our Course Schedule page for longer term dates and locations. You can also find which courses are running in your area with our training locations finder.
First Aid courses – Train at our venue or at yours
Train at one of
Train at your venue
Emergency First Aid at Work training course from Medi Aid
The Emergency First Aid at Work course is designed to enable the Emergency First Aider in a low risk environment in the workplace to carry out appropriate first aid in an emergency.
Health and Safety Regulations require that an employer provides suitable first aid arrangements for any persons injured in the workplace.
At the end of the course the candidate will be able to manage a casualty who is injured at work, or suffers a serious illness, while waiting for more qualified medical help to arrive.
Understand the role of the first aider including reference to: the importance of preventing cross infection;
- Incident Management.
- use of available equipment.
- Management of the Unconscious Casualty.
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency .
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);.
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
- safe use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
This course is delivered over one day.
Dress for the course should be casual.
This Course meets HSE Requirements. A certificate is issued which is valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
At Medi Aid you can train at our place or at yours. Train with us at one of our scheduled training event days or simply contact us about training at your address. We can accomodate both small and large groups
Accredited & Compliant
Medi Aid is compliant with the First Aid Industry Body, as well as the Health & Safety executive (HSE) and the Federation of First Aid Training organisations (FOFATO)
26+ years experience
Medi Aid has been teaching first aid throughout the South East of England for over 25 years. You can be confident our expert trainers will guide you every step of the way