Medi Aid Latest News
Medi Aid UK Limited
24 Station Road
0800 634 86 23
0800 634 82 90
Calls may be recorded
HSE first aid due diligence
Emergency First Aid at Work Course
Interested in attending this course?
View our Course Schedule to see when the next course is being held.
The Emergency First Aid at Work course is designed to enable the Emergency First Aider in a low risk environment in the workplace to carry out appropriate first aid in an emergency.
Health and Safety Regulations require that an employer provides suitable first aid arrangements for any persons injured in the workplace.
At the end of the course the candidate will be able to manage a casualty who is injured at work, or suffers a serious illness, while waiting for more qualified medical help to arrive.
This course is delivered over one day.
Course registration 09:15
Course Starts 09:30
Course Ends 16:30
Dress for the course should be casual. Ladies are advised to wear trousers.
This course is assessed by the trainer.
This Course is HSE Approved. A certificate is issued which is valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to:
the importance of preventing cross infection;
- Incident Management.
- use of available equipment.
- Management of the Unconscious Casualty.
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency .
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);.
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
- safe use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Click Here for Dates, more information and to book online
Upcoming Courses & Prices
Health & Safety Glossary
Definition of: Emergency First Aid
Emergency First Aid training teaches a person how to cope in a crisis, and administer emergency first aid in a number of situations. The appointed first aider can deal with injury and illness while waiting for the emergency services. prev next