Medi Aid Latest News
Medi Aid UK Limited
24 Station Road
0800 634 86 23
0800 634 82 90
Calls may be recorded
HSE first aid due diligence
Paediatric First Aid Training
Interested in attending this course?
View our Course Schedule to see when the next course is being held.
The Paediatric First Aid training course is designed for those responsible for looking after babies and children. By the end of the course you will be able to manage ill and injured babies and children.
This course meets the requirements of Ofsted as laid out in the Statutory Framework, Early Years Foundation Stage. This course is ideal for Childminders, Nurseries and those people working with 5 year olds and under needing Ofsted registration.
The course requires involvement in both theory and practical sessions.
This course is delivered over 12 hours. Courses are held at weekends, and on weekdays
Candidates are asked to arrive 15 minutes before the course start time.
This course is assessed by the trainer.
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross infection
- the need for recording incidents and actions
- use of available equipment
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock, including anaphylaxis
- administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, joints and soft tissue
- administer first aid to a casualty suffering from extremes of heat
- administer first aid to a casualty with conditions affecting eyes, ears and nose
- provide appropriate first aid for head and spinal injuries
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, burns and scalds, small splinters, bites and stings)
- administer emergency first aid to a casualty with a sudden illness or medical condition : sickle cell, diabetic emergencies, asthma, allergic reactions, meningitis, febrile convulsions, poison
- safe use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Click Here for Dates, more information and to book online
Upcoming Courses & Prices
Health & Safety Glossary
Definition of: Emergency First Aid
Emergency First Aid training teaches a person how to cope in a crisis, and administer emergency first aid in a number of situations. The appointed first aider can deal with injury and illness while waiting for the emergency services. prev next