Medi Aid Latest News
Medi Aid UK Limited
24 Station Road
0800 634 86 23
0800 634 82 90
Calls may be recorded
HSE first aid due diligence
Manual Handling at Work
This Manual Handling at Work training course will give you an understanding of the causes of fatigue, strain and injury and an awareness of which parts of the body are most at risk when lifting. You will also understand the six key principles of safe handling and lifting. You will be taught how to lift and handle objects and plan the way to carry out these operations. By the end of the course you will understand legal obligations relating to manual handling at work and what is meant by risk assessment. A manual handling risk assessment will be undertaken to test your skills.
A 3-hour course highlighting best practice to help the employer/employee comply with the Manual Handling Regulations. This course will look at techniques for assisting in client movement. Working to the principle of Minimal Client Handling. This course does not cover hoists and mechanical lifting aids.
This course is assessed by the trainer.
- Understand the cause of fatigue, strain and injury and be aware of the parts of the body, which are most at risk when lifting.
- Understand the six key principles of safe handling and lifting.
- Lift and handle objects and plan the way to do these operations.
- Understand legal obligations relating to manual handling.
- Understand what is meant by risk assessment.
- Carry out a manual handling risk assessment.
We also have online e-learning courses available via our e-learning site
Click Here for Dates, more information and to book online
Upcoming Courses & Prices
Health & Safety Glossary
Definition of: Paediatric Life Support
Paediatric Basic Life Support training teaches how to care for ill or injured babies and children.
It teaches how to recognise and treat common medical conditions such as asthma and seizures. This course is aimed at those people who look after babies and children. prev next